The much discussed 757 replacement and A321 killer is called MOM or Middle Of The Market aircraft. "Bloomberg" has stolen another interview from Boeing reporting MOM is still on the table!
· “Boeing estimates that sales could reach between 4,000 and 5,000 middle-of-market jetliners as airlines find new routes for the planes.”
· “said Mike Delaney, general manager of airplane development. He used the term “when,” not “if,”
· "We are not there yet,” Delaney told reporters in a briefing last month ahead of the Farnborough International Airshow. “But in the last six months Mike’s team has closed the gap pretty good.”
· "The proposed airplane would be built at a tempo that falls somewhere between that of the 737, which roll out of Boeing’s Seattle-area factory at a pace of two a day, and the 787’s monthly output of 12 jets, Tinseth said."
· "The planemaker is in discussions with the three largest engine-makers for a new turbine to power the aircraft as it seeks performance gains of at least 20 percent compared with the 757 and 767 jetliners."